CA INTERMEDIATE SYLLABUS 2023
In India, Chartered Accountants is a respected and in-demand profession, and the CA Intermediate syllabus is a crucial step in that direction. Eight subjects over two groups are covered within the course. To keep the syllabus relevant to the present business environment, the disciplines are updated frequently.
What is CA INTERMEDIATE?
The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India(ICAI)offers the second level of the Chartered Accountancy (CA) program, known as CA Intermediate. In order to be certified and qualified to practice as a CA, aspirant Chartered Accountants in India must pass this professional course.
Students will get a greater understanding of accounting, finance, taxation, auditing, and related topics through the CA Intermediate Syllabus There are two groups, each with four participants. While Group II contains Advanced Accounting, Auditing and Assurance, Enterprise Information Systems and Strategic Management, Financial Management, and Economics for Finance, and Taxation, Group I comprises Accounting, Corporate, and Other Laws, Cost and Management Accounting, and Taxation.
Students can enroll in the CA Intercourse after completing the CA Foundation course, else they can apply for the direct-entry Scheme, which allows some graduates and postgraduates to skip the basics level. Students can advance to the final level of the CA course, the CA Final, after successfully completing both groups of the CA Intermediate course and satisfying other requirements.
The ICAI-provided syllabus serves as the foundation for the CA Intermediate question paper. Candidates should be aware that only the revised syllabus will be used to produce the question paper by the ICAI. Therefore, it is crucial for applicants to review the official syllabus and create a study plan in accordance with it before beginning their preparation for the CA Intermediate exams. The syllabus contains detailed information about the topics and subtopics covered in the CA Intermediate exams.
SYLLABUS OF CA INTERMEDIATE
The CA Intermediate syllabus includes eight subjects, divided into two groups. Here is an overview of the syllabus:
- Accounting – This subject covers topics such as accounting principles, company accounts, and partnership accounts.
- Corporate and Other Laws – This subject covers the legal framework in which companies operate, including topics such as company law, securities laws, and other business laws.
- Cost and Management Accounting – This subject covers the principles and practices of cost accounting and management accounting.
- Taxation – This subject covers direct and indirect taxation, including income tax, GST, and customs duty.
- Advanced Accounting – This subject covers more advanced accounting principles and practices, including consolidated financial statements, partnership accounts, and accounting for share capital and debentures.
- Auditing and Assurance – This subject covers the principles and practices of auditing, including audit planning, risk assessment, and audit procedures.
- Enterprise Information Systems and Strategic Management – This subject covers the role of information technology in business, including topics such as e-commerce, MIS, and IT governance.
- Financial Management and Economics for Finance – This subject covers the principles and practices of financial management, including financial analysis, capital budgeting, and working capital management. It also covers macroeconomics and international trade.
The CA Intermediate syllabus is designed to provide students with a strong foundation in accounting, finance, taxation, and related subjects, and prepares them for the final level of the CA course, the CA Final.
Eligibility Criteria Of CA Intermediate
Candidates need to fulfill the conditions that follow in order to be eligible to apply for the CA Intermediate exam:
- Registration: Candidates must have registered with the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI) for the CA Intermediate course at least eight months previously the examination month.
- Education: Candidates must have passed the CA Foundation course or possess a degree that has been approved by the ICAI, such as a bachelor’s or master’s in business administration, accounting, or another related field.
- Training: Candidates must have finished the CA Intermediate course after a minimum of eight months of study. This involves four months of preparation prior to the commencement of the examination month.
- Exam: Candidates must have passed the CA Foundation exam and the first level of the CA Intermediate course’s four papers, or they must have at least attempted them.
- Age: The CA Intermediate exam is open to candidates of any age.
Before enrolling for the exam, candidates should carefully study the eligibility requirements to make sure they meet all prerequisites. The first step to becoming a Chartered Accountant and establishing a lucrative profession in accounting and finance is to satisfy the eligibility requirements.
To know more about registration step by step: CLICK HERE
CA Intermediate Exam Pattern 2023
Here is the CA Intermediate exam pattern for 2023. In order to advance to the last level of the CA course, the CA last, applicants to become Chartered Accountants in India must pass the CA Intermediate test. The examination is given twice a year, in May and November, by the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI). Students must pass both groups in order to be admitted to the CA Final course, which is broken down into two groups of four subjects each
Students must have an in-depth knowledge of accounting, finance, taxation, auditing, and related topics because the CA Intermediate test is famous for its rigor and complexity. In order to succeed in the exam, students must be well-prepared, highly concentrated, and dedicate a lot of time and effort to studying and preparing.
The exam comprises both objective and subjective questions and is given in both offline and online methods. 40% of students must pass each subject, and 50% of students must pass each group. If they still meet the requirements, students who don’t pass a particular group might try again in the following exam cycle.
The CA Intermediate exam, which assesses candidates’ knowledge and abilities in a variety of areas and equips them for a highly lucrative career in accounting and finance, is, overall, a difficult but rewarding experience for aspirants with the goal of becoming Chartered Accountants in India.
The CA Intermediate curriculum, in conclusion, is a thorough and difficult course that prepares students for a profession in accounting and finance. The course material covers a wide range of subjects, including taxation, legal frameworks, cost accounting, and strategic management. To advance to the final level of the CA course, students must pass both groups of the CA Intermediate exam. Although the course is challenging and demanding, it equips students with vital knowledge and abilities that can open up a variety of exciting and fulfilling work prospects in the accounting and finance industries.
Q. Are 3 months enough for CA Intermediate?
You need at least 5–6 months of preparation to succeed in both categories. Does independent study suffice for CA Intermediate? You can pass the CA inter examinations by doing your own studying.
Q. Is CA Inter difficult to pass?
One of the hardest tests to pass is CA Inter, which necessitates a lot of effort. There has always been an imbalance between the number of students who show up for the exam each year and the number of students who pass it. Take a look at each group’s pass rate. They are quite little.
Q. Is CA Inter Group 1 easy?
Every CA IPCC student believes it to be very difficult to receive a passing grade or an exemption on the CA IPCC Group 1 Accounts, yet this is untrue. If a student follows the exam advice below, they can pass the CA IPCC Accounts Exam with ease. Read the syllabus thoroughly.
Q. How many students pass in CA Inter?
Candidates who participated in Group 1 had a pass rate of 13.30%, those in Group 2 had a pass rate of 12.45%, and both groups had a pass rate of 5.46%.
Q. What is the most difficult subject in CA Inter?
The most challenging CA Inter subject, according to many students, is auditing. The most competitive subject is one that cannot be studied solely by an individual. Learning about auditing is aided by courses in accounting, corporate law, and other legal topics.
3 Replies to “CA INTERMEDIATE SYLLABUS 2023”
You must log in to post a comment.